If you’re looking for ways to boost your home’s value, whether it’s on the market or not, you may think you need to remodel your kitchen or renovate the bathrooms. Although these are great ideas, there are other less expensive ways to spruce up your home:
- Install a sprinkler system. Not everyone wants a yard filled with many trees and plants that require considerable effort to maintain. However, green grass is always nice to have and can be easily maintained if you have an automatic sprinkler system.
- Maintain your yard. If you have trees, bushes and other plants in your garden, keep them in great shape throughout the year. Unkempt bushes and loose tree branches not only make your yard look bad, but also pose safety risks. Overgrown landscaping can promote mold, block views and decrease your home’s curb appeal.
- Invest in built-in speakers. Another way to increase your home value is to install speakers in every room, so you can control the sound in the whole house with one remote. Having a surround sound in rooms with a TV, such as living room, is also a great way to increase the appeal of the home.
- Don’t neglect the front door. Install an overhang, such as portico or awning, above your front door, to provide protection from rain, sun or snow. Another option is to have a deck built around the front door to extend the living space into the yard.
- Install a water purifier in the kitchen. A water filtration system eliminates contaminants from the tap water, allowing you to use it safely. This investment will pay for itself in the long run, as you won’t need to buy bottled water anymore.
- Give appliances an inexpensive makeover. If your kitchen appliances don’t match, order new doors or face panels for them. A cohesive look in your kitchen will go a long way to increase home value.
Fresh indoor air also plays a major role in increasing your home’s value. Learn how to keep indoor air fresh here. For professional water, mold and fire restoration services, as well as duct cleaning, contact your local PuroClean office.