According to the American Pet Products Association, at least two thirds of American households include one or more pets. Although you love them like family, pets often bring unwanted smells into your home. Learn how to keep your house fresh and pets odor free with these tried and true tips:
- Pets need regular bathing and grooming. Washing your furry friends helps remove odors and dirt, while frequent brushing prevents shedding hair from reaching your furnishings.
- Regularly clean and vacuum your furniture and carpets. Make sure to read the instructions and use cleaning products that don’t harm your animal companions.
- A common solution to removing general pet odors is baking soda. Just sprinkle a small amount of fresh baking soda on carpets and fabrics in your room, leave it on for 15 minutes (or more), then vacuum it. You can also use baking soda as a substitute for home air fresheners.
- Use air filters to recycle the air in your household. HEPA air filtration systems are recommended and change the HVAC filters monthly in order to provide the best air purification possible.
- Clean the objects that the pets use (toys, food containers, etc.) weekly. Doing so not only improves the smell in your home, but also your pets’ health.
Check back with us to learn more tips like these and don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get our notifications!