Hardwood floors and water do not mix well. After a flood, your best chance of recovering your flooring is to hire a professional restoration company immediately. However, failing to protect your floor from moisture or spills on a daily basis can also cause irreversible damage.
Tips To Protect Your Hardwood Floors
- Make sure that no wet items are allowed to stay on your floor for a prolonged period of time. This includes damp rugs, furniture, clothes, wet rain boots etc. Remove these items immediately and dry the floor.
- In an event of a spill, act quickly. Make sure you wipe it up before it has the time to start seeping into the wood.
- Rugs and doormats are a must if there is an exterior door in the room
- Hardwood floors require regular maintenance. Reapply the top sealant once a year (if wax based) and every couple of years (if oil or water based)
- Some quick tips for cleaning your hardwood floors include- using a cleaning solution meant for hardwood floors specifically, and using a damp mop (using a sopping wet mop might cause pooling in some parts of the floor).
Call Chris and Robin Hoy for Water Damage Restoration Services. Serving Union, Essex, and Middlesex County
Water damage in homes may appear on the surface as a minor loss, but it can quickly escalate needlessly into bigger problems, contributing to issues with both property and personal health. Timing is critical to reduce further damage.
Call our Cranford, NJ office right away for licensed and certified technicians who work compassionately, professionally, and quickly to contain the water and mitigate the potential devastation. Available 24/7 (908) 577-9120