You can use sand or dirt to put out small fires. Never use water on an oil fire because water will evaporate and carry burning grease particles. Never use water on an electrical fire because water will conduct electricity and deliver a potentially deadly shock. Before attempting to put out an electrical fire, dry your hands and shut off the breaker if it’s not too close to the fire. Baking soda makes an effective extinguishing agent for grease fires. For small grease fires, use a metal pot lid to cover any remaining grease that hasn’t caught fire. Never use glass, glass will explode into dangerous fragments if it gets too hot. Also, never try to move a burning object outside before extinguishing the fire, or you risk spreading the fire.
Monoammonium phosphate, ABC Dry Chemical, ABE Powder, tri-class, or multi-purpose dry chemical is a dry chemical extinguishing agent used on class A, class B, and class C fires. It uses a specially fluidized and siliconized monoammonium phosphate powder. From Quora: While fire extinguisher powder is non-toxic, it is not entirely safe. The chemicals used are considered appropriate for home use, but you should take precautions to avoid touching or inhaling too much of the powder. The chemicals can irritate the skin, so use gloves and avoid inhaling by using a dust mask if there is a need to clean the place where the fire occurs. Inhalation is one of the biggest dangers of fire extinguisher powder. It is very irritating to mucous membranes and may cause difficulties with breathing if inhaled in large enough quantities.
[Vídeo] Líquidos y gases inflamables, incendios eléctricos, metales combustibles y fuegos de cocina que involucran aceites y grasas para cocinar.
[VIDEO] Flammable liquids and gases, electrical fires, combustible metals, and kitchen fires involving cooking oils and fats.
[VIDEO] To remove soot and smoke from walls, furniture and floors, use a mild soap or detergent or mix together 4 to 6 tbsp. tri-sodium phosphate and 1 cup household cleaner or chlorine bleach to every gallon of warm water. Wear rubber gloves. Be sure to rinse surfaces with clear warm water and dry thoroughly.
[Vídeo] Sí, usted será responsable de su deducible. Si la pérdida es una reclamación cubierta, su seguro pagará cualquier factura cubierta hasta el límite de su política menos su deducible.
[VIDEO] Yes, you will be responsible for your deductible. If the loss is a covered claim, your insurance will pay any covered invoices up to your policy limit minus your deductible.
[Vídeo] Depende de su política específica. Llame a su agente de seguros y/o ajustador para averiguar si la pérdida está cubierta en su política.
[VIDEO] It depends on your specific policy. Call your insurance agent and/or adjuster to find out if the loss is covered in your policy.
[VIDEO] No! Water conducts electricity and can deliver a potentially deadly electric shock. If the fire is from an appliance and you can safely unplug it, go ahead. You can also use a heavy blanket to cut off its oxygen supply and smother it, or you can use a fire extinguisher designed for a Class C fire.
[VIDEO] It depends on the type of fire (or fuel). If it’s a burning solid such as wood, paper, or coal, the water will extinguish it either by cooling it or by depriving it of oxygen. But, if the fuel is gasoline, cooking oil, or kerosene, it will simply float on the water and continue to burn.
[VIDEO] Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry. Don’t forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up. Clean lint out of the vent pipe every three months. Have your dryer cleaned regularly by a professional, especially if it is taking longer than normal for clothes to dry.
[VIDEO] Yes. You can wash the carpet, clean the upholstery and curtains, and even scrub off the resilient dry powder stains from floors, but even after sweating for hours, you may still be able to smell the chemical from the extinguisher and spot its traces.
Your policy limit is the amount of money available to cover your claim.
Water can lead to more damage such as mold growth. Reputable restoration companies also extract the water from the damaged area as part of the fire restoration procedure.
Food safety after a fire is a huge issue, so you should discard non-perishable food exposed to heat, smoke, and firefighting chemicals, as well as perishable food left at room temperature for too long. However, you might be able to salvage refrigerated and frozen food after a fire. You should also throw out medicines, cosmetics, and burned clothing.Inventory non-restorable items to support your claims. Be sure to include the name, cost, and the year each item was purchased. Photos documenting the loss are great too.
Circuit breaker keeps tripping, persisting burnt smell with no identifiable source, several discolored or charred outlets and switches, or you have old or outdated wiring.
STOP! Moving or running feeds air to the flames and worsens the fire. DROP to the floor—if you stand up, the fire can burn your face. ROLL slowly on the floor or ground in a rug or blanket if you can. COOL off as soon as possible with water for first and second-degree burns.
Exposure to smoke on any level can cause irritation to your eyes. Symptoms such as burning sensations, redness, and tearing up are commonplace with exposure to smoke.
[VIDEO] Si, pero se recomienda que el trabajo sea realizado por los profesionales. El residuo es un irritante y puede causar incomodidad y/o problemas de respiración, también causando irritación a la piel.
The length of time varies on the extent of the damage. Additionally, local authorities and your insurance agent will also want to investigate the damage before the restoration company can start the cleanup.
This depends on the degree of the damage, your home’s layout, and your comfort level. As an alternate plan, talk with your insurance agent about off-site housing and staying at a hotel – these might be covered by your policy.
Water can lead to more damage such as mold growth. Reputable restoration companies also extract the water from the damaged area as part of the fire restoration job.
In most losses, cleaning the soot and smoke is the toughest part. Moreover, even small fires can cause major damage within minutes and leave lingering odors if not cleaned up properly. If you don’t act within a day or two of the fire, soot and smoke can leave permanent damage. Restoration professionals have the tools and know-how to restore your home as fast as possible and mitigate the loss.
Legally, only a licensed inspector like a structural engineer or industrial hygienist can determine the safety of a building. Besides, the risk of checking the fire damage yourself is too great. Call a professional.
Most restoration companies also provide board-up services to prevent possible theft. A proper board-up should include using 3/8″ plywood with 2x4s bolted from inside the dwelling over windows. The front door should have a secure lock.
Call your insurance agent and submit your claim. He or she will provide you with information on securing your home, hiring a reliable restoration company, and more.
[VIDEO] Llama a PuroClean para que podemos ir a su hogar para asistir con una evaluacion del grado de los daños. Pueden comenzar los esfuerzos de remediacion immediatamente-la cual es la mejor manera de minimizar los danos que reducen los costos del evento. Hasta un incendio “pequeño” resulta en humo/hollín/olor a través de la casa.