Toilet and sewer pipe backups can result in sewage entering your basement or other portions of your home or company. This dark, thick water is very hazardous and contains quite a lot of dangerous contaminants. These contaminants are made up of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and cause health risks and illness dangers if humans or animals become exposed. Finding a remedy to these problems ASAP is imperative, as is removing sewage from your property. Having information of what may cause sewer blockages may help you prevent a hazardous incident in your home or basement. Please see this list of things that may aid in stopping sewage backups that could occur in your home or business:
The PuroClean method for cleaning and restoring Category 3 water, which is sewer and contaminated water backup cleaning and restoration as set forth by IICRC industry standards, consisting of:
1. To ensure the safety of all occupants and personnel by restricting jobsite access to restoration and cleanup personnel only to help stave off any health related situations.
2. Assessment of the building along with health and safety surveys.
3. Ensure all restoration personnel are supplied with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Engineering controls put in place and condemnatory barricades used (if needed) preventing cross-contamination.
5. Completely getting rid of any potential safety risks if possible.
6. Disposal, removal of bulk water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not salvageable, which can be but are not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning procedures and use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structures
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials damaged by water to be dried and returned to pre-loss state
12. After completion of remediation – Cleaning of all equipment used
13. All demo materials removed from the building
What do you do if a sewer line backup occurs in your dwelling or business? The right answer is: Call PuroClean! Simply because PuroClean technicians are your perfect professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services. With state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning tools, we efficiently restore, repair and completely clean the affected areas in your home or business.
The high measure of our sewage eradication and cleaning services along with the timeliness in which we complete the work, and the sheer compassion we practice throughout the process make us your complete water damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean vows to do whatever it takes to save, clean and restore all properties that are within our service neighborhoods.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
“Coronavirus” is an umbrella term for many types of viruses. This group of viruses has been known for decades and can cause respiratory diseases in both people and animals. What [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the potentially hazardous blood, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
If someone in close proximity to you is coughing or sneezing, be sure to maintain at least 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and the person who is coughing [...]