Blocked sewer lines can leak out sewage; a thick, dark water that forms. Sewage water is a serious health hazard and unsanitary; containing contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These harmful contaminants may present risks of serious sickness if animals or humans suffer exposure. Quick repair is key if you experience sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly repairing this will prevent the hazardous waste water from lingering in occupied areas. To prevent a hazardous condition occurring in your home or business, being aware of what causes the sewer backups could be extremely helpful. We’ve put together a list of things to aid in preventing and handling home or business sewage blockages:
PuroClean’s process for cleaning and remediation of Category 3 water, also known as sewer and contaminated water backup clean up following the IICRC industry standards, is as follows:
1. Ensure all employees and occupants stay safe by restricting access to the site to remediation employees only in order to guard against any health-related issues.
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Ensure all PuroClean employees are supplied with and use the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes, but isn’t limited to the following:
4. Establish engineering controls, firm barriers if needed to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Completely getting rid of any potential safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Remove and dispose of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not able to be restored, which could include but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. It is recommended to hire a third party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) for a safety clearance test to ensure the jobsite is returned to pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All items and structure affected by the flooding to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry standards
12. Post restoration cleaning of all tools and machinery used
13. All demo materials removed from the building
Contact the PuroClean professionals for sewage removal, cleaning and remediation. Whether it’s from a clogged toilet, flood waters or sewage drain backups to manage the problem for your home or business. PuroClean uses the newest, state-of-the-art equipment and cleansing tools to completely and effectively clean and remediate all affected items and structures.
The sheer value of our sewage removal and cleaning services, in addition to the speed in which we deliver the work, as well as our compassion demonstrated throughout the entire project helps make PuroClean your preferred damage remediation and restoration company. We promise to do everything feasible and within our power to restore and rescue properties in all the neighborhoods that make up our service areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]