Obstructed sewer lines can leak out sewage; a thick, dark water that forms. Sewage water is a serious health hazard and unsanitary; containing contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These harmful contaminants may present risks of serious sickness if animals or humans suffer exposure. Timely repair is key if you have sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly repairing this will prevent the dangerous waste water from lingering in occupied areas. To prevent a hazardous condition happening in your home or business, being aware of what causes the sewer problems could be beneficial. We’ve created a list of items to aid in preventing and dealing with home or business sewage backups:
Our methods for Category 3 water (also known as sewer and contaminated water backup) cleaning, adhering to the IICRC industry guidelines, consists of:
1. Ensure all employees and occupants stay safe by restricting access to the site to remediation employees only in order to stop any health-related problems.
2. Health and Safety checks and assessment of the entire work premises.
3. Ensure all remediation personnel are outfitted with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This can include but is not limited to:
4. Use established engineering controls, critical barriers, to alleviate cross-contamination.
5. Eliminating any and all lingering safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not restorable, which can include but are not limited to:
8. Cleaning methods put in place and the use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. It is suggested to hire a third party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) for a safety clearance test to ensure the building is returned to pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. Drying of all materials affected by the sewage intrusion back to pre-loss dry standard
12. All equipment used on the project to be cleaned after restoration completion
13. Disposal of all demo materials removed from the site
Call the PuroClean specialists for sewage abatement, cleaning and restoration. Whether it’s from a clogged toilet, flood waters or sewage drain backups to take care of the problem for your home or business. PuroClean uses the newest, state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning systems to completely and efficiently clean and restore all affected objects and structures.
The high standard of our sewage removal and cleaning services along with the timeliness in which we complete the work, and the sheer compassion we demonstrate throughout the process make PuroClean your complete flood damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean pledges to do whatever it takes to save, clean and restore all properties that lie within our service neighborhoods.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
According to the World Health Organization, transmission appears to be limited; however, it is possible that older adults and persons who have underlying chronic medical conditions may be at risk [...]
If someone in close proximity to you is coughing or sneezing, be sure to maintain at least 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and the person who is coughing [...]
There is no proven home remedy for this virus. Extreme heat or cold, nasal saline solutions, eating or applying garlic or onions to the skin, spraying alcohol or chlorine on [...]
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered it is very important that you consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific [...]