Pack-outs are performed by restoration companies on behalf of property owners after damage caused by water, fire or smoke. It involves removing and transporting damaged property to a secure location for processing and restoration.
During a pack-out:
- After the initial inspection, your restoration professionals will let you know whether or not an item can be restored. You will find that most items can be brought to pre-loss condition. All contents will be inspected and any pre-existing damage will be documented before being sent out to be restored. This documentation helps to estimate the losses and facilitates the filing of your insurance claim.
- If an item does not require packing out, it will be secured and protected while structural repairs are made to the property.
- In some cases, affected items are cleaned in place to prevent acidic residues from causing any further damage.
- Small items will be individually wrapped in paper, boxed, labeled and inventoried by your restoration professional. This includes kitchen knives, spoons, pots and pans, dishes, storage containers, etc.
- Large items like upholstery and wooden furniture will be carefully inspected, often using high intensity light to detect all damages that existed before the disaster.
- You will receive a copy of every inventory sheet with noted preexisting damage, if any.
- When the transportation begins, items will be loaded and secured in a covered box truck using pads and the appropriate packing protocols.
- The restoration process is constantly monitored and you will be informed on the status of your claim before the items are ready to be sent back to your home or business.
A professional restoration company has the obligation to process and return contents as quickly and conveniently as possible. Contact PuroClean after a disaster involving fire, smoke or water.