Choosing between a real Christmas tree and an artificial one can be a tough choice. However, knowing the advantages and disadvantages of both types of trees can help you make an easier decision. So, here are the pros and cons of artificial and real Christmas trees:
Pros of Artificial Christmas Trees
- You can reuse them for many years, which saves you money in the long run.
- They are easy to install, dismantle, and store.
- Watering and vacuuming needles aren’t required because they are not alive.
- Most of the trees are flame retardant.
- Most artificial trees look as attractive as real trees.
- They don’t trigger allergies.
Cons of Artificial Christmas Trees
- They may be vulnerable to fires caused by unattended candles and electrical malfunctions.
- PVC and chemicals are the primary materials that make up these trees. These materials can be harmful to people and the environment.
- They are not recyclable or biodegradable, and their production adds to the carbon footprint.
Pros of Real Christmas Trees
- They release the natural aroma of fresh pine that evokes memories of Christmases past.
- There are thousands of tree recycling programs across the U.S.
- Real Christmas trees are biodegradable.
- Limbs from a used, dried Christmas tree can be used as kindling for an outdoor fire pit.
- If it isn’t a cut tree, you can replant it and use it next year.
Cons of Real Christmas Trees
- The costs incurred – buying one every year.
- You have to water them daily to keep them fresh and increase their resistance to fire.
- They might harbor mold, fungi, or bugs.
- They are typically more prone to fires, especially if you don’t keep them hydrated.
- Toxic pesticides are usually used to help grow these trees.
Call PuroClean for Restoration Services During The Holidays
After considering all these pros and cons, what’s the better choice? Essentially, it depends on whether you value convenience over authenticity. Happy holidays and for professional emergency fire damage repair or emergency smoke damage repair, contact your local PuroClean office.