When a sewer line is blocked, the sewage that is thick and dark is dangerous to your health. This sewer water is extremely unclean, containing contaminants such as bacteria, viruses and pathogens. All of these dangerous germs can pose a serious health danger and cause many illnesses if humans or animals are exposed. If it happens that you suffer a sewage backup on the premises of your home or business, or a toilet backup in either location, fixing either one is of the highest priority. Having this unsanitary sewer water in your home is dangerous and should be removed immediately. Also, to know what is causing the sewer obstruction may aid in preventing this potentially hazardous situation. To help you in managing sewage backups in your home or business, here’s a list of things that may help:
Our methods for Category 3 water (also known as sewer and contaminated water backup) cleanup, adhering to the IICRC industry guidelines, consists of:
1. Ensure the safety of all personnel and non-personnel by restricting onsite access to remediation personnel only to prevent health-related dangers
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Ensure proper personal protection equipment (PPE) is being utilized by all restoration personnel. This may include but is not limited to:
4. Use established engineering controls, critical barriers, to alleviate cross-contamination.
5. Eliminating any and all lingering safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Getting rid of any and all porous and semi-porous contaminated materials that are unable to be saved, which includes but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures put in place and the use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Manual cleaning of all remaining structure material
10. It is recommended to hire a third party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) for a safety clearance inspection to ensure the jobsite is returned to pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by excess waters are to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry condition
12. All equipment used on the project to be cleaned after restoration completion
13. Disposal of all demolished materials removed from the site
PuroClean technicians use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning procedures to effectively restore and clean the unsound building materials and items from your home or business. If a sewage drain pipe backup from blockage happens, call our highly trained staff for sewage removal and cleaning services.
The high goals of our sewage abatement and cleaning services along with the rapidity in which we complete the work, and the absolute care we practice throughout the process make us your complete damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean promises to do whatever it takes to rescue, clean and restore all properties that are within our service neighborhoods.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
"These guys came out right away and checked on my mold issue. They were friendly, professional and gave me some great advice to remediate the issue. I felt like they were super knowledgeable. They [...]
"We used them for water damage to my father's entire house. To say they are amazing would be such an understatement. They came right away to get started drying out the Sheetrock, came in daily to [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
If someone in close proximity to you is coughing or sneezing, be sure to maintain at least 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and the person who is coughing [...]
As of March 17, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) does not have information specifically regarding how pregnant women are reacting to COVID-19 exposure. However, it should be noted [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
There is no proven home remedy for this virus. Extreme heat or cold, nasal saline solutions, eating or applying garlic or onions to the skin, spraying alcohol or chlorine on [...]