Obstructed sewer lines can release sewage; a thick, dark water that forms. Sewage water is a dangerous health hazard and unsanitary; containing contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These dangerous contaminants may present risks of serious sickness if animals or humans suffer exposure. Timely repair is key if you experience sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly repairing this will prevent the hazardous waste water from lingering in occupied areas. To prevent a hazardous condition happening in your home or business, being aware of what causes the sewer problems could be beneficial. We’ve put together a list of items to aid in preventing and handling home or business sewage backups:
Our cleaning and remediation procedures for Category 3 water (which describes sewer and contaminated water backup) according to the standards put in place by the IICRC industry are:
1. Ensure the safety of all personnel and occupants by regulating onsite access to restoration personnel only to prevent health-related issues
2. Health and Safety checks and assessment of the jobsite.
3. Be positive that all restoration specialists are equipped with the precise personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Implement established engineering controls, critical barriers, to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Stopping all potential dangers and safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Eradication and disposal of all contaminate affected porous and semi-porous material that is not restorable – which can include but is not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning procedures and use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Actual cleaning of all remaining structures
10. It is approved to schedule a third party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) for a safety clearance test to ensure the entire site is returned to pre-loss state for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by excess waters are to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry condition
12. Post restoration cleaning of all tools and machinery used
13. All demo materials removed from the building
If a sewage drain line backup takes place in your home or business, contact the PuroClean professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services. Our employees use state-of-the-art tools, methods and cleaning systems to completely remediate the damaged building materials and contents.
We have proved time after time that our work and our specialists are top quality, efficient, and work with care and kindness for all involved. PuroClean is your ideal damage restoration and cleaning firm and we pledge to do whatever needs to happen to rescue and restore all homes and businesses in the communities we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
"Very appreciative for the way PuroClean responded after my house was hit by a tornado. They worked hard to get to my house. As darkness set in they worked in rain and cold to get my house covered to [...]
"We had a water leak that damaged our kitchen, master bedroom, and hallway, which caused mold. Puroclean was called out to dry up the water and get rid of the mold. My husband and I decided to use [...]
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]