PuroClean revved our support for the legendary Green Hornet during the 2022 racing season. We became involved with the Green Hornet because we partner with Vivian Cortez, the car owner’s wife, to help different owners restore their property after water, fire, mold, or biohazard damage.
The team placed second in the ¼-mile finals at the US 131 Motorsports Park in Michigan on June 11 and 12. In the Great Lake Wisconsin Dragway, the Green Hornet was honored as the fastest 1978 Corolla in the world. The record was 6.98 seconds in 1/4 miles at 198 miles per hour.
These impressive accolades were made possible by an incredible team working tirelessly to perfect the car’s design and an excellent driver behind the wheel.
Meet the Green Hornet
- The Toyota Corolla power plant is a (13B) 1.3-liter rotary engine by Pac Performance from Australia in billet
- The motor was put in combination by Kery Performance in St. Cloud, Florida
- 1300 in horse power
- Features a five-speed clutchless transmission by liberty transmission
- Ecu by Microtec
- Bosch 2200 injectors throttle by bully with 12 injectors
- Precision turbo 88
- Full metal body
- Carbon fiber interior with aluminum floor panels
- Tire size: 31x14x15
- Driver: Jomar Gomez from Puerto Rico
- Tuner: Wilbert from Puerto Rico
- Car built by Jimmy Chassis in Illinois
- Car wrapped by Jake the Stryper in Batavia, Illinois
- Orlando Speed World
- Great Lakes Dragway
- 131 Dragway in Michigan
- Other multiple race tracks
The Future Is Fast
Recently, the car’s best time was a 1/4 mile in 6.98 seconds at 198 miles per hour. To surpass that, the team is aiming for a new time record: 6.4 or 6.5 seconds in a 1/4 mile. With a great team, it’s possible!
We are committed to helping the amazing team reach their goals and providing them with the resources they need to succeed. We wish the Green Hornet all the best in future races. PuroClean will be cheering the team on as they reach the finish line!
To see more about how PuroClean Disaster Services stay active in the community, click here and follow us on our social networks.