When sewer lines become blocked, the thick, black water that presents as sewage is a health danger, and is tremendously unsanitary as it consists of contaminants such as pathogens, bacteria, and viruses that can present a risk of extreme sickness illness if exposed to people or animals. If you have a sewage backup in your basement, or your toilet has backed up, you will need to repair it quickly, or you will end up with dirty water all over your home or business. Knowing what causes sewer backups, however, may help you avoid a hazardous occurrence in your basement, home or business. Following is a list of items that may help to prevent and handle sewage backups:
Our process for cleaning and restoration of Category 3 water, also known as sewer and contaminated water backup clean up following the IICRC industry standards, is as follows:
1. To protect the safety of all occupants and workers by limiting jobsite access to restoration and cleaning personnel only to help stave off any health related situations.
2. Valuation of the building along with health and safety surveys.
3. Ensure all cleanup and restoration personnel are equipped with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This can include but is not limited to:
4. Put into place established engineering controls, critical barriers, to stop cross-contamination.
5. Eliminating any and all probable safety risks if possible.
6. Disposal, removal of bulk sewage water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Eradication and disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous material that is not restorable – which can be but is not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning methods and use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Manual cleaning of all remaining structure material
10. We suggest using a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to implement clearance testing to ensure the property is returned to a safe pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by the flooding to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry standards
12. Post restoration cleaning of all equipment used
13. All materials from demolition process removed completely
Our technicians use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning methods to effectively restore and clean the unsound building materials and contents from your dwelling or business. If a sewage drain line backup from blockage happens, call our professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services.
The high measure of our sewage removal and cleaning services along with the speed in which we complete the work, and the sheer compassion we practice throughout the process make PuroClean your complete water damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean promises to do whatever it takes to rescue, clean and restore all properties that are within our service areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]