Toilet and sewer pipe backups may result in sewage entering your basement or other portions of your home or company. This dark, thick water is highly hazardous and contains quite a lot of dangerous contaminants. These contaminants are made up of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and present health risks and illness dangers if humans or animals experience exposure. Fixing these problems ASAP is highly important, as is getting rid of the sewage from your premises. Having knowledge of what may lead to sewer backups may help you avoid a hazardous situation in your home or basement. Following is a list of things that may help prevent sewage backups that could occur in your home or business:
The PuroClean process for cleaning and remediating Category 3 water, which is sewer and contaminated water backup cleaning and restoration identified by IICRC industry regulations, consisting of:
1. Ensuring safety for all employees and occupants by placing strict rules on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Assessment of the jobsite and Health and Safety surveys.
3. Ensure all remediation personnel are equipped with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This may include but is not limited to:
4. Use established engineering controls, critical barriers, to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Removing any type of probable safety risks if at all possible.
6. Disposal, removal of bulk flooding, soil, and contaminates.
7. Disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials which are not salvageable, which can consist of but are not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Full physical cleaning of all structure items that remain
10. A clearance inspection by a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by excess waters are to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry condition
12. All equipment used on the project to be cleaned after restoration completion
13. Disposal of all demolished materials removed from the building
PuroClean technicians utilize state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning processes to effectively restore and clean the damaged building materials and items from your dwelling or business. If a sewage drain pipe backup from blockage is your problem, call our highly trained staff for sewage removal and cleaning services.
We have proved time after time that our methods and our technicians are top quality, efficient, and work with care and kindness for all involved. We are your ideal damage restoration and cleaning company and we pledge to do whatever needs to be done to rescue and restore all homes and businesses in the communities we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
As with any virus, the Coronavirus spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes, and any respiratory droplets come in contact with another person. Keeping a good distance from infected [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
As of March 17, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) does not have information specifically regarding how pregnant women are reacting to COVID-19 exposure. However, it should be noted [...]
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requests that we all do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus. We can do this by avoiding close contact [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]