This position will work as the main point of contact for Estimating for insurance program reconstruction projects and remodel construction projects. This position will primarily work as part of a fully integrated mitigation and construction team. This position will have insurance-based guidelines for creating estimates.
Pay Rate: $18-20 per hr (start rate $18)
Schedule: 8-hour shift – Monday to Friday
Experience: Construction experience a plus / Must have estimating experience with Xactimate
Location: Palm Desert, CA 92260 (Required)
Knowledgeable and efficient in Xactimate and/or Symbility estimating programs, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
Construction Estimator Job Responsibilities:
Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
Estimator Construction Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements, setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with client and vendor base.
- Work, communicate, present, and negotiate directly with owners, construction managers, architects, engineers, and insurance companies.
- Work and/or lead teams to high level of performance while operating a deadline driven environment.
- Utilize Time Management and Organizational skills to service multiple projects (2-3 projects purchasing) during the course of a business day