Toilet and sewer line backups may result in sewage entering your basement or other areas of your home or company. This dark, thick water is very hazardous and contains quite a lot of dangerous contaminants. These contaminants consist of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and cause health risks and sickness dangers if people or animals become exposed. Fixing these problems ASAP is imperative, as is removing sewage from your home or business. Having knowledge of what may lead to sewer blockages may help you prevent a hazardous condition in your home or basement. Please see this list of things that may help prevent sewage backups that may occur in your home or business:
Our procedures for Category 3 water (also known as sewer and contaminated water backup) cleanup, following the IICRC industry standards, consists of:
1. Ensuring safety for all personnel and occupants by placing restrictions on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Assessment of the jobsite and Health and Safety surveys.
3. Ensure all cleanup and restoration personnel are equipped with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This may include but is not limited to:
4. Implement established engineering controls, critical barriers, to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Removing any type of potential safety risks if at all possible.
6. Clearing the jobsite of all bulk water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Removing any and all porous and semi-porous contaminated articles that are unable to be salvaged, which includes but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning processes put in place and the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Manual cleaning of all remaining structure areas
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by the water to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry standards
12. After completion of remediation – Cleansing of all equipment used
13. Transfer and disposal of all demo materials removed from the site
Our technicians put to use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning processes to effectively restore and clean the unsound building materials and contents from your home or business. If a sewage drain line backup from blockage happens, call our professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services.
The high standard of our sewage eradication and cleaning services along with the timeliness in which we complete the work, and the absolute care we practice throughout the process make PuroClean your complete water damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean promises to do whatever it takes to save, clean and restore all properties that are within our service neighborhoods.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
As of March 17, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) does not have information specifically regarding how pregnant women are reacting to COVID-19 exposure. However, it should be noted [...]
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered it is very important that you consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific [...]
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requests that we all do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus. We can do this by avoiding close contact [...]