There are many possible reasons why an unpleasant smell lingers in your house. Some smells signal a possible danger, like mold growth or decomposition, which often requires professional cleanup. […]
For a long time, bleach has been the go-to product for fighting mold. It’s true that bleach is a sanitizer that eliminates viruses and bacteria, but should you use bleach to deal with mold in your home?
While bleach can kill mold on hard surfaces, it’s ineffective when used on softer surfaces, which is where you’ll find the most mold. Plus, bleach may harm your health, as well as the surfaces you treat. Even The EPA does not recommend using bleach as a routine practice to kill mold. Check out more reasons why you shouldn’t use bleach to kill mold in your home.
So what are the alternatives? If you have a small mold infestation (less than 10 square feet), use natural mold killing products, such as borax, vinegar, or a simple solution of detergent and water, baking soda, and tea tree oil. These substances don’t pose a threat to your health.
And remember, after the surface has been cleaned, it must be dried properly. Drying is the key to keeping mold growth in check. If you have a larger mold problem, seek professional help from a mold remediation company. They can properly remove mold and dry the area to ensure mold doesn’t return.
For mold removal and water damage repair services, contact your local PuroClean office.