Preparedness is vital to handling spring storms or floods. However, knowing what to do during and after a storm or flood is also crucial. Below you will find a list of what you can do to properly handle an unexpected disaster:
- Stay away from windows. In case of severe storm, seek shelter in a basement or an interior room, such as the bathroom.
- Stay out of moving water. Just a few inches of moving water can knock anyone off his or her feet.
- Do NOT drive through water. Two feet of moving water can float almost any size vehicle.
- Listen to your portable radio to stay informed.
- If damage occurs, make lists and take pictures. File a claim as soon as possible
- All flood water is considered contaminated. Thus, if you have water damage, any absorbent materials that are contaminated should be removed and discarded (carpets, rugs, upholstered furniture, etc.).
- Water damage must be remediated correctly and quickly, otherwise it will lead to mold contamination, which presents another host of concerns and problems.
- If you suspect damage to electric or gas lines, call for a professional inspection before using them.
- Call your local PuroClean office. We can help you determine the full extent of the damage and perform full restoration services in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
Whether the water damage occurs from storms, floods or other sources, PuroClean will mitigate your losses and prevent further damage by providing the latest state-of-the-science services to all property damaged from water, fire/smoke, mold, and other disasters.