PuroClean Restoration Professionals

24/7 Emergency Response (910) 793-8586

In short, the answer is.”NO” for most surfaces.  Mold needs a source of moisture to grow.  Bleach is mainly made up of water. When you use bleach on porous surfaces, such as drywall, and wood the bleach will only kill the surface mold and actually feeds the mold spores you can not see.  This is why you will most often see the mold come back and appear worse than it was before.  Bleach is okay to use on NON-POROUS surfaces, such as tile, granite, stainless steel and porcelain. Contact us if you have further questions or would like to schedule an assessment.