Toilet and sewer pipe backups may result in sewage entering your basement or other portions of your home or business. This dark, thick water is very hazardous and contains many dangerous contaminants. These contaminants consist of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and cause health risks and illness dangers if people or animals experience exposure. Fixing these problems ASAP is highly important, as is removing sewage from your home or business. Having knowledge of what may lead to sewer blockages may help you avoid a hazardous incident in your home or basement. Please see this list of things that may aid in stopping sewage backups that can occur in your home or business:
Our procedures for Category 3 water (also known as sewer and contaminated water backup) cleaning, adhering to the IICRC industry guidelines, consists of:
1. To ensure the safety of all occupants and personnel by restricting jobsite traffic to restoration and cleaning personnel only to help stop any health related problems.
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Be thorough that all restoration specialists are equipped with the precise personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Engineering controls put in place and condemnatory barricades used (if needed) stopping cross-contamination.
5. Removing any type of potential safety risks if at all possible.
6. Removal of bulk water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not salvageable, which can be but are not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning procedures and use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Actual cleansing of all remaining structures
10. We recommend using a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to perform clearance testing to ensure the building is returned to a sanitary pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. Drying of all materials affected by the sewer water intrusion back to pre-loss dry condition
12. Post restoration cleaning of all tools and machinery used
13. Elimination and disposal of all demo materials removed from the premises
What happens if a sewer main backup occurs in your dwelling or business? The correct answer is: Call PuroClean! Simply because PuroClean technicians are your absolute professionals for sewage abatement and cleaning services. With state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning systems, we efficiently restore, fix and completely clean the affected areas in your home or business.
The sheer expertise of our sewer water removal and cleaning services, in addition to the speed in which we deliver the work, as well as our kindness demonstrated throughout the entire project helps make PuroClean your perfect damage remediation and restoration company. We pledge to do everything possible and within our power to restore and rescue properties in all the towns and cities that make up our service areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
“Coronavirus” is an umbrella term for many types of viruses. This group of viruses has been known for decades and can cause respiratory diseases in both people and animals. What [...]
According to the World Health Organization, transmission appears to be limited; however, it is possible that older adults and persons who have underlying chronic medical conditions may be at risk [...]
There is currently no evidence that household pets can be infected with or transmit the Coronavirus. However, the CDC recommends having limited contact with household pets and other animals until [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]