Toilet and sewer line backups may result in sewage entering your basement or other areas of your home or company. This dark, thick water is very hazardous and contains many dangerous contaminants. These contaminants consist of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and present health risks and sickness dangers if humans or animals experience exposure. Fixing these problems ASAP is imperative, as is getting rid of the sewage from your home or business. Having knowledge of what may cause sewer blockages may help you prevent a hazardous incident in your home or basement. Following is a list of things that may aid in stopping sewage backups that may occur in your home or business:
Our process for cleaning and restoration of Category 3 water, aka sewer and contaminated water backup clean up according to the IICRC industry standards, is as follows:
1. Ensuring safety for all personnel and occupants by placing restrictions on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Ensure all PuroClean employees are supplied with and use the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes, but isn’t limited to the following:
4. Establish engineering controls, critical barriers if suitable to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Preventing all potential dangers and safety risks if possible.
6. Disposal, removal of bulk sewage water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Disposing of any and all porous and semi-porous contaminated materials that are unable to be restored, which includes but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures put in place and the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Full physical cleaning of all structure items that remain
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All items and structure affected by the flooding to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry conditions
12. After completion of remediation – Cleansing of all equipment used
13. Transfer and disposal of all demo materials removed from the site
Our technicians put to use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning procedures to effectively restore and clean the affected building materials and items from your dwelling or business. If a sewage drain line backup from blockage is your problem, call our technicians for sewage removal and cleaning services.
The high measure of our sewage abatement and cleaning services along with the speed in which we complete the work, and the absolute care we demonstrate throughout the process make PuroClean your complete water damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean pledges to do whatever it takes to save, clean and restore all properties that are within our service areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]