Toilet and sewer line backups could result in sewage entering your basement or other parts of your home or company. This dark, thick water is extremely hazardous and contains many dangerous contaminants. These contaminants are made up of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and present health risks and sickness dangers if people or animals experience exposure. Repairing these problems ASAP is imperative, as is getting rid of the sewage from your premises. Having knowledge of what may cause sewer blockages may help you avoid a hazardous situation in your home or basement. Following is a list of things that may help prevent sewage backups that may occur in your home or business:
PuroClean’s process for cleaning and remediation of Category 3 water, aka sewer and contaminated water backup clean up according to the IICRC industry standards, is as follows:
1. Ensure the safety of all personnel and occupants by regulating onsite access to remediation personnel only to prevent health-related concerns
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Ensure proper personal protection equipment (PPE) is being utilized by all restoration personnel. This may include but is not limited to:
4. Put engineering controls in place, as well as critical barriers if needed to stop any cross-contamination from occurring.
5. Removing any type of potential safety risks if at all possible.
6. Disposal, removal of bulk sewage water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Eradication and disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous material that is not restorable – which can be but is not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning procedures and use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. Drying of all items affected by the water intrusion back to pre-loss dry standard
12. Post restoration cleaning of all equipment used
13. All materials from demolition work removed completely
Call the PuroClean specialists for sewage abatement, cleaning and restoration. Whether it’s from a blocked toilet, flood waters or sewage drain backups to take care of the problem for your home or business. PuroClean uses the newest, state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning systems to completely and effectively clean and salvage all affected objects and structures.
The sheer value of our sewage removal and cleaning services, in addition to the speed in which we deliver the work, as well as our compassion demonstrated throughout the entire project helps make PuroClean your preferred damage remediation and restoration firm. We strive to do everything that’s needed and within our power to restore and rescue properties in all the neighborhoods that make up our coverage areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]