Toilet and sewer pipe backups may result in sewage entering your basement or other areas of your home or company. This dark, thick water is extremely hazardous and contains many dangerous contaminants. These contaminants are made up of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and present health risks and illness dangers if people or animals experience exposure. Finding a remedy to these problems ASAP is imperative, as is getting rid of the sewage from your property. Having information of what may cause sewer blockages may help you avoid a hazardous situation in your home or basement. Following is a list of things that may help prevent sewage backups that can occur in your home or business:
The PuroClean method for cleaning and restoring Category 3 water, which is sewer and tainted water backup cleaning and restoration identified by IICRC industry regulations, consisting of:
1. To ensure the safety of all occupants and personnel by limiting jobsite access to restoration and cleanup personnel only to help stop any health related situations.
2. Assessment of the jobsite along with health and safety surveys.
3. Be positive that all restoration specialists are equipped with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Put engineering controls in place, as well as critical barriers if needed to stop any cross-contamination from occurring.
5. Eliminating any and all probable safety risks if possible.
6. Disposal, removal of bulk sewage water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Remove and dispose of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not able to be restored, which could include but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning processes put in place and the use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Manual cleaning of all remaining structure areas
10. It is suggested to schedule a third party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) for a safety clearance test to ensure the entire site is returned to pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. Drying of all materials affected by the water intrusion back to pre-loss dry standard
12. Post remediation cleaning of all equipment used
13. Transfer and disposal of all demo materials removed from the site
Our technicians put to use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning processes to effectively restore and clean the unsound building materials and contents from your home or business. If a sewage drain pipe backup from blockage is your problem, call our professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services.
The professional nature of our sewage removal and cleaning solutions, the expeditious way in which we deliver them, and the care we demonstrate throughout the entire process make PuroClean your perfect damage restoration and remediation company. We will strive to do whatever it takes to restore and rescue properties in all the areas we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
If someone in close proximity to you is coughing or sneezing, be sure to maintain at least 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and the person who is coughing [...]
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
There is currently no evidence that household pets can be infected with or transmit the Coronavirus. However, the CDC recommends having limited contact with household pets and other animals until [...]
According to the World Health Organization, transmission appears to be limited; however, it is possible that older adults and persons who have underlying chronic medical conditions may be at risk [...]
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered, you must consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific coverages. [...]