Toilet and sewer line backups may result in sewage entering your basement or other parts of your home or company. This dark, thick water is highly hazardous and contains quite a lot of dangerous contaminants. These contaminants consist of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and cause health risks and illness dangers if humans or animals become exposed. Fixing these problems ASAP is imperative, as is removing sewage from your premises. Having knowledge of what may cause sewer backups may help you avoid a hazardous situation in your home or basement. Please see this list of things that may help prevent sewage backups that could occur in your home or business:
PuroClean’s process for cleaning and restoration of Category 3 water, also known as sewer and contaminated water backup clean up following the IICRC industry standards, is as follows:
1. Ensure the safety of all personnel and non-personnel by managing onsite access to restoration personnel only to prevent health-related issues
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Ensure all remediation personnel are outfitted with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This may include but is not limited to:
4. Put engineering controls in place, as well as critical barriers if needed to stop any cross-contamination from occurring.
5. Eradicating all potential dangers and safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials which are not restorable, which can be but are not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure areas
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials touched by water to be dried and returned to pre-loss state
12. Post restoration cleaning of all equipment used
13. Disposal of all demolished materials removed from the building
When a sewage drain line backup takes place in your home or business, reach out to the PuroClean professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services. Our specialists use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning systems to effectively remediate the damaged structures and contents.
The sheer quality of our sewage removal and cleaning services, along with the speed in which we deliver the work, as well as our compassion demonstrated throughout the process helps make PuroClean your ideal damage remediation and restoration company. We vow to do everything feasible and within our power to fully remediate properties in all the towns and cities that make up our coverage areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Tim and his team are the best! I would recommend them to anyone. They are on time and always responsive. They took great care of my home and were very professional and friendly.
I’m writing this review to show my appreciation to Tim and his team for the great service they provided to my family they make you feel so relaxed throughout the process of doing their work Tim is [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the potentially hazardous blood, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered, you must consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific coverages. [...]
According to the World Health Organization, transmission appears to be limited; however, it is possible that older adults and persons who have underlying chronic medical conditions may be at risk [...]