When sewer pipes become obstructed, the thick, black water that presents as sewage is a health hazard, and is tremendously unsanitary as it contains contaminants like pathogens, bacteria, and viruses that can present a risk of extreme sickness illness if exposed to humans or animals. If you have a sewage backup in your basement, or your toilet has backed up, you will need to repair it quickly, or you will end up with sewage all over your floors. Knowing the cause of sewer backups, however, may help you avoid a hazardous situation in your basement, home or business. Here’s a list of items that may help to prevent and handle sewage backups:
PuroClean’s process for cleaning and restoration of Category 3 water, also known as sewer and contaminated water backup clean up according to the IICRC industry standards, is as follows:
1. Ensuring safety for all employees and occupants by placing restrictions on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Inspection of the work place along with health and safety surveys.
3. Ensure proper personal protection equipment (PPE) is being utilized by all restoration personnel. This may include but is not limited to:
4. Put engineering controls in place, as well as critical barriers if needed to stop any cross-contamination from occurring.
5. Completely getting rid of any potential safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials which are not salvageable, which can include but are not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures put in place and the use of EPA certified biocides and antimicrobials
9. Actual cleaning of all remaining structures
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by the water to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry standards
12. Post restoration cleaning of all equipment used
13. Disposal of all demo materials removed from the building
PuroClean technicians put to use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning procedures to effectively restore and clean the affected building materials and items from your home or business. If a sewage drain pipe backup from blockage is your problem, call our highly trained staff for sewage removal and cleaning services.
The high standard of our sewage abatement and cleaning services along with the speed in which we complete the work, and the sheer compassion we practice throughout the process make us your complete damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean promises to do whatever it takes to save, clean and restore all properties that are within our service regions.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the potentially hazardous blood, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered, you must consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific coverages. [...]