Toilet and sewer pipe backups can result in sewage entering your basement or other parts of your home or business. This dark, thick water is extremely hazardous and contains quite a lot of dangerous contaminants. These contaminants consist of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and present health risks and sickness dangers if humans or animals experience exposure. Repairing these problems ASAP is imperative, as is getting rid of the sewage from your home or business. Having knowledge of what may cause sewer backups may help you prevent a hazardous situation in your home or basement. Following is a list of things that may aid in stopping sewage backups that could occur in your home or business:
Our procedures for Category 3 water (also known as sewer and contaminated water backup) cleaning, adhering to the IICRC industry guidelines, consists of:
1. Ensure the safety of all personnel and non-personnel by tempering onsite access to remediation personnel only to prevent health-related dangers
2. Assessment of the building and Health and Safety surveys.
3. Ensure all remediation personnel are equipped with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Institute engineering controls, firm barriers if suitable to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Eradicating all potential hazards and safety risks if possible.
6. Eradication of bulk water, dirt, and contaminates.
7. Eradication and disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous items that is not restorable – which can consist of but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures put in place and the use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. A clearance test by a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to safeguard that the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All items and structure affected by the water to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry standards
12. Post remediation cleanup of all equipment used
13. Transfer and disposal of all demo materials removed from the property
What happens if a sewer main backup occurs in your home or business? The right answer is: Contact PuroClean! For the simple fact that PuroClean technicians are your absolute professionals for sewage abatement and cleaning services. With the latest and greatest equipment and cleaning tools, we efficiently restore, remediate and completely cleanse the affected parts in your home or business.
The high standard of our sewage removal and cleaning services along with the speed in which we complete the work, and the absolute care we demonstrate throughout the process make us your complete flood damage restoration and remediation company. PuroClean vows to do whatever it takes to save, clean and restore all properties that lie within our service areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]