Toilet and sewer line backups may result in sewage entering your basement or other parts of your home or company. This dark, thick water is highly hazardous and contains quite a lot of dangerous contaminants. These contaminants consist of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and cause health risks and illness dangers if humans or animals become exposed. Repairing these problems ASAP is imperative, as is removing sewage from your premises. Having knowledge of what may cause sewer blockages may help you avoid a hazardous incident in your home or basement. Following is a list of things that may help prevent sewage backups that could occur in your home or business:
The PuroClean process for cleaning and remediating Category 3 water, which is sewer and polluted water backup cleaning and restoration identified by IICRC industry regulations, consisting of:
1. To ensure the safety of all occupants and workers by limiting jobsite traffic to restoration and cleaning personnel only to help stave off any health related situations.
2. Health and Safety survey and assessment of the entire work premises.
3. Ensure all PuroClean employees are supplied with and use the required personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes, but isn’t limited to the following:
4. Put engineering controls in place, as well as critical barriers if needed to stop any cross-contamination from occurring.
5. Eradicating any type of probable safety risks if at all possible.
6. Clearing the jobsite of all bulk water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Remove and dispose of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not able to be restored, which could include but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Manual cleaning of all remaining structure areas
10. We suggest using a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to implement clearance testing to ensure the site is returned to a sanitary pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. Drying of all materials affected by the water intrusion back to pre-loss dry standard
12. Post remediation cleaning of all equipment used
13. Elimination and disposal of all demo materials removed from the premises
Call the PuroClean specialists for sewage abatement, cleaning and restoration. Whether it’s from a clogged toilet, flood waters or sewer pipe backups to tackle the problem for your home or business. PuroClean uses the latest, state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning systems to completely and effectively clean and salvage all affected items and structures.
The professional nature of our sewage removal and cleaning solutions, the speed in which we deliver them, and the kindness we demonstrate throughout the entire process make PuroClean your ideal damage restoration and remediation company. We vow to do whatever it takes to restore and rescue properties in all the communities we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]