Can fire smoke damage my eyes?

Exposure to smoke on any level can cause irritation to your eyes. Symptoms such as burning sensations, redness, and tearing up are commonplace with exposure to smoke. […]

Can fire extinguisher dust be cleaned from carpet?

[VIDEO] Yes. You can wash the carpet, clean the upholstery and curtains, and even scrub off the resilient dry powder stains from floors, but even after sweating for hours, you […]

¿Se puede limpiar el polvo de extintores de la alfombra?

[VIDEO] Si, pero se recomienda que el trabajo sea realizado por los profesionales. El residuo es un irritante y puede causar incomodidad y/o problemas de respiración, también causando irritación a […]

How do I clean my dryer vent to prevent fires?

[VIDEO] Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry. Don’t forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up. Clean lint out of […]

How do I clean furniture after a fire?

[VIDEO] To remove soot and smoke from walls, furniture and floors, use a mild soap or detergent or mix together 4 to 6 tbsp. tri-sodium phosphate and 1 cup household […]

What is the powder in a fire extinguisher?

Monoammonium phosphate, ABC Dry Chemical, ABE Powder, tri-class, or multi-purpose dry chemical is a dry chemical extinguishing agent used on class A, class B, and class C fires. It uses […]

What should I do if I am on fire?

STOP! Moving or running feeds air to the flames and worsens the fire. DROP to the floor—if you stand up, the fire can burn your face. ROLL slowly on the […]

How do you put out fires without an extinguisher?

You can use sand or dirt to put out small fires. Never use water on an oil fire, because water will evaporate and carry burning grease particles. Never use water […]

What are the signs of an electrical fire?

Circuit breaker keeps tripping, persisting burnt smell with no identifiable source, several discolored or charred outlets and switches, or you have old or outdated wiring. […]

Can I put out an electrical fire with water?

[VIDEO] No! Water conducts electricity and can deliver a potentially deadly electric shock. If the fire is from an appliance and you can safely unplug it, go ahead. You can […]