Social Media Growth is the increase of strategically placing your brand in front of audiences who otherwise might never have heard of your agency. Many executives are putting social media growth at the core of their digital marketing strategies precisely for this reason.
The first step is to become a “thought-leader”. Here are some tips to decide your approach:
- Where do you want to grow? Personal lines or Commercial?
- Decide your target market.
- Pick your social media platform.
- Facebook – great for finding new clients in the business world and personal world. Next, you can use Facebook to create a prospect email list. It is also great for interacting with current clients of all ages.
- Instagram – Over 1 billion users per day. It has a wonderful way of allowing you to literally show pictures and videos of your agency’s products, employees, and ways you help the community. Over 36% of users are between the ages of 25 to 36.
- LinkedIn – A smaller number of users, although it is more business oriented. Reaching out to business prospects is more acceptable on this platform. If you are wanting to grow the number of commercial clients, this may be a wonderful site.
Avoid “here’s what my agency can do for you” and replace it with “here’s how what’s happening can affect you.”
Typically, people will know what your services are when they realize you’re an insurance agency.
- Promote your business in other ways: community involvement, teaching important info that is helpful for your target market, and VIDEOS.
Telling a story is the most impactful thing you can do when marketing your insurance agency. Scientists have learned that stories release cortisol, dopamine, and oxytocin in the brain. So, provide personal anecdotes. Put your agents in front of your audience with short videos. I understand being in front of camera is difficult for some, but it can help with your social media growth, so why not try it?
- FREE platforms I use to create videos:
- Use your phone and edit videos in the Videoshop app.