Obstructed sewer lines can leak out sewage; a thick, dark liquid that forms. Sewage water is a serious health hazard and unsanitary; containing contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These harmful contaminants may present risks of serious sickness if animals or humans are exposed to them. Quick repair is key if you have sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly taking care of this will prevent the dangerous waste water from lingering in occupied areas. To prevent a hazardous condition occurring in your home or business, being aware of what leads to the sewer incidents could be beneficial. We’ve put together a list of things to aid in preventing and handling home or business sewage blockages:
The PuroClean method for cleaning and restoring Category 3 water, which is sewer and contaminated water backup cleaning and restoration identified by IICRC industry regulations, consisting of:
1. To protect the safety of all occupants and personnel by restricting jobsite traffic to restoration and cleaning personnel only to help stave off any health related problems.
2. Assessment of the building and Health and Safety checks.
3. Ensure proper personal protection equipment (PPE) is being utilized by all restoration personnel. This may include but is not limited to:
4. Create engineering controls, critical barriers if needed to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Completely getting rid of any potential safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Eradication and disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous items that is not restorable – which can consist of but is not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning processes and use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Actual cleansing of all remaining structures
10. A clearance test by a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to assure the building is returned to a pre-affected condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by water to be dried and returned to pre-loss condition
12. All equipment used on the project to be cleaned after restoration completion
13. All demo materials removed from the building
What happens if a sewer main backup occurs in your house or business? The correct answer is: Contact PuroClean! For the simple fact that PuroClean technicians are your ideal professionals for sewage abatement and cleaning services. With state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning systems, we efficiently restore, fix and completely cleanse the affected areas in your home or business.
The sheer expertise of our sewage removal and cleaning services, in addition to the speed that we deliver the work, as well as our empathy demonstrated throughout the entire project helps make PuroClean your perfect damage remediation and restoration company. We vow to do everything that’s needed and within our power to fully remediate properties in all the towns and cities that make up our service areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
“Coronavirus” is an umbrella term for many types of viruses. This group of viruses has been known for decades and can cause respiratory diseases in both people and animals. What [...]
If someone in close proximity to you is coughing or sneezing, be sure to maintain at least 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and the person who is coughing [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
Cleaning your home after it has been compromised by someone with the Coronavirus infection is an important followup to keeping yourself and your family members safe. Be sure to thoroughly [...]