PuroClean is Working 24/7 to Restore Flooded Properties in Chicagoland
Our crews are working around the clock to help you, our fellow Chicagoland neighbors, during this record-setting flooding.
As the Chicagoland area is experiencing record-breaking levels of rainfall and flooding, many people are reaching out to us for help with rescuing and restoring their properties. If you have contacted us, please know we are doing everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.
Our crews are working non-stop to assist as many affected properties as possible. If you require flood-related restoration services, please call us at (888)787-6911 to be added to our waitlist. We are here for you.
In the meantime, please check out these flood prevention and restoration tips:
House flood recovery tips
- First, make sure that it’s safe to enter your home.
- Immediately call your insurance agent.
- Create an inventory of the damaged or lost items and take photos.
- Avoid direct contact with floodwater.
- Check for damage to your home, both outside and inside.
- If you suspect damage to utilities, shut them off immediately if safe.
- If you have a sump pump installed, wait for it to drain the floodwater.
- Call local authorities and wait for their approval to turn them back on.
- The area should be dried immediately.
- Carpet or furniture can be either restored or discarded.
- Salvageable contents must be immediately disinfected and dried to prevent mold growth.
- Check out more basement flood cleanup tips and home flood recovery tips.
Tips for salvaging furniture after a flood
- Inspect your home and its contents as fast as possible.
- Take photos of damaged items to help file the insurance claim.
- Move salvageable furniture to a dry area to begin the drying process.
- Upholstered furniture that came in contact with just a small amount of clean water during the flooding can sometimes be salvaged.
- Upholstered furniture that has been soaked in floodwater is usually not worth saving.
- To salvage wood furniture, dirt and mildew must be cleaned, and then the piece should be dried entirely and re-glued where necessary.
- Don’t attempt to use force to open or close swollen doors or drawers. Air should be allowed to circulate until the wood dries fully.
- Wood furniture must be air-dried with the help of fans in a shaded and well-ventilated area. Furniture should not be exposed to the sun, as it may cause wood to crack or warp.
- Learn more tips to restore flooded furniture.
For water damage restoration, contact the PuroClean remediation experts
Flood cleanup is a complicated process that requires specialized knowledge and equipment. The cleanup process consists of moisture level reading and monitoring, water extraction, drying, disinfection, and deodorization. For safe, efficient, and professional water damage cleanup, contact PuroClean today at (888)787-6911.