Toilet and sewer line backups could result in sewage entering your basement or other areas of your home or company. This dark, thick water is highly hazardous and contains many dangerous contaminants. These contaminants are made up of pathogens, bacteria and viruses and cause health risks and illness dangers if humans or animals experience exposure. Repairing these problems ASAP is highly important, as is getting rid of the sewage from your home or business. Having information of what may lead to sewer backups may help you avoid a hazardous situation in your home or basement. Following is a list of things that may help prevent sewage backups that could occur in your home or business:
The PuroClean method for cleaning and restoring Category 3 water, which is sewer and tainted water backup cleaning and restoration identified by IICRC industry standards, consisting of:
1. Ensuring safety for all employees and occupants by placing strict rules on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Valuation of the work place along with health and safety surveys.
3. Ensure all remediation employees are supplied with and use the required personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes, but isn’t limited to the following:
4. Implement established engineering controls, critical barriers, to stop cross-contamination.
5. Eliminating any and all lingering safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Remove and dispose of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not able to be restored, which could include but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Manual cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. We suggest using a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to conduct clearance testing to ensure the site is returned to a sanitary pre-loss state for health and safety.
11. All materials touched by water to be dried and returned to pre-loss standard
12. All equipment used on the project to be cleaned after restoration completion
13. Disposal of all demolished materials removed from the site
Our technicians utilize state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning procedures to effectively restore and clean the damaged building materials and items from your house or business. If a sewage drain line backup from blockage is your problem, call our professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services.
PuroClean has proved time after time that our methods and our specialists are top quality, efficient, and work with care and empathy for all involved. PuroClean is your ideal damage restoration and cleaning professionals and we pledge to do whatever needs to happen to save and restore all properties in the communities we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]