This year we experienced one of the biggest winter storms in Hillsboro, OR history. Now spring is here, and with it comes the dreaded spring thaw flood season. But don’t worry! With a few simple steps, you can help prepare your home for spring flooding.
- First, if you have any snow still hanging around your property remove it with a shovel to keep excess moisture out of your home as the snow and ice continue to thaw.
- Next, take a look at your roofing system. Make sure all of the shingles are in good condition, and the gutters are clear of debris. If necessary, consider installing a gutter guard to keep spring rains at bay.
- Install water alarms and flood sensors around the perimeter of your home to alert you to spring water levels and flooding. You can also install a sump pump in your basement or crawl space if necessary.
- Be careful when you turn on the outdoor water for your early spring gardening or lawn care. Make sure that you check all of your outside pipes and hoses for leaks before turning on the water supply in case any were damaged.
- Finally, as you begin your spring cleaning routine, take the opportunity to elevate items in the basement to the upper levels of your home or at least off the ground and onto shelves or pallets in case of unexpected spring thaw flooding.
As spring thaw floods can be unpredictable and potentially damaging events, it is important to take the necessary steps to prepare your home for spring flooding. From removing snow from around your property, checking roofing systems, installing water alarms and sump pumps, to elevating items in your basement – all of these measures are essential for protecting your Hillsboro, OR home during spring thaw flood season. By taking precautions now you can rest easy knowing that you have done everything possible to protect yourself and your family against spring flooding disasters.
If spring flooding has caused water damage to your Hillsboro, OR home, don’t hesitate to contact PuroClean Restoration Services. Our team of certified professionals is available 24/7 and ready to respond quickly in the event of a spring thaw flood emergency. We have experience dealing with all kinds of water damage and can help you get your home back in order as soon as possible. We offer comprehensive services for spring flooding, including extraction, structural drying, dehumidification, sanitization, and more. Our experts will work closely with you every step of the way to ensure that your property is restored safely and efficiently. So if you do experience spring flooding or any other type of water damage this season, be sure to give us a call!