When sewer lines become blocked, the thick, black water that forms as sewage is a health danger, and is extremely unsanitary as it consists of contaminants such as pathogens, bacteria, and viruses that may pose a risk of severe illness if exposed to people or animals. If you have a sewer backed up in your basement, or your toilet backs up, you will need to fix it quickly, or you will end up with sewage all over your home or business. Knowing what causes sewer backups, however, may help you avoid a hazardous situation in your basement, home or business. Following is a list of items that may help to prevent and handle sewage backups:
The PuroClean method for cleaning and restoring Category 3 water, which is sewer and contaminated water backup cleaning and restoration identified by IICRC industry standards, consisting of:
1. To protect the safety of all occupants and workers by limiting jobsite traffic to restoration and cleanup personnel only to help stop any health related problems.
2. Assessment of the jobsite and Health and Safety surveys.
3. Ensure all remediation personnel are equipped with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Engineering controls put in place and condemnatory barriers used (if needed) preventing cross-contamination.
5. Completely getting rid of any potential safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Removing any and all porous and semi-porous contaminated articles that are unable to be salvaged, which includes but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by water to be dried and returned to pre-loss condition
12. After completion of remediation – Cleaning of all equipment used
13. Disposal of all demolished materials removed from the site
If a sewage drain line backup occurs in your home or business, reach out to the PuroClean specialists for sewage removal and cleaning services. Our technicians use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning systems to efficiently remediate the damaged building materials and contents.
We have proved time after time that our methods and our specialists are top quality, efficient, and work with care and kindness for all involved. PuroClean is your ideal damage restoration and cleaning group and we pledge to do whatever needs to be done to save and restore all properties in the communities we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
"Josh was awesome. I had some flooding in my basement. I called and they came immediately. Highly recommended."
"Josh from PuroClean of South Reno was so professional, did a great job of cleaning my carpets, made sure he left everything back in the proper place and had a great attitude! I highly recommend [...]
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the potentially hazardous blood, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered, you must consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific coverages. [...]