With the winter chill showing no signs of ceasing, the risk of frozen and burst pipes remains high. When pipes burst, it can cause property damage and leave you at a loss. Don’t panic, though; we can help! We assist commercial and residential customers with disastrous situations resulting from broken pipes. Acting fact is key: the sooner you contact property damage professionals, the sooner your pipe troubles are resolved, minimizing the damage you might incur.
To safeguard your property, check out our tips on preventing frozen water pipes so that you are as ready as possible against cold weather calamities.
- Insulate exposed pipes in basements, crawl spaces, attics, and garages.
- Seal any air leaks near pipes and allow warm air to circulate them.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Allow a small trickle of hot and cold running water from faucets connected to outside walls during freezing temperatures. The moving water will help keep frozen pipes at bay.
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells so warm air can circulate the pipes.
- If you are going away, keep your thermostat set to at least 55 degrees and leave all faucets slightly open.
- Disconnect any garden hoses from exterior faucets before winter weather sets in.
- Keep your home heated to at least 65 degrees, even if you’re away.
Frozen pipes can be a pipe dream, pun intended, if you follow the necessary precautions around your property. Since frozen pipes are a common problem in the winter, modifying things now can save you time and money by averting disaster later.
For All Of Your Property Damage Needs, Call PuroClean of Redmond/Woodinville!
If you’ve experienced property damage, don’t wait; call PuroClean of Redmond/Woodinville today. Our experienced technicians are available 24/7 to assist with water, fire, smoke, and mold damage in commercial and residential buildings. We use advanced restoration equipment and quality materials. As the “Paramedics of Property Damage®,” we pride ourselves on offering quick response times. Call us at (425) 488-7688 or visit our website to schedule an appointment.