There’s a common misconception that only dirty homes and buildings need to be inspected for mold contamination. The truth is, molds can thrive everywhere no matter how clean you think your home or office building is. The worst part is, a lot of property owners might already be facing several health problems due to a mold problem that they might not be aware exists in their home or building.
The microscopic particles or spores molds produce can cause not only serious respiratory problems in humans, but they can also impede their brain function. It’s even worse for people who already have respiratory conditions. If you have a mold problem at home or at work, then you, your family, or your employees and coworkers may not be safe from diseases that can be caused by exposure to these fungi.
If you are someone who has the question, “Are mold testing services really necessary?”, then this article is for you. Here are some reasons why you need to have your home or office inspected by a professional for mold damage.
Why Do You Need Mold Testing Services?
1. They help reduce mold exposure
Toxic molds can cause Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome or CIRS, a multi-symptom sickness that can affect the skin, heart, lungs, and central nervous system. As mentioned earlier, it can cause asthma attacks and trigger several pre-existing respiratory conditions.
Mold inspectors have the expertise in finding traces of these toxic fungi in your property, which will then require mold removal and remediation services to significantly minimize risks of exposure and save your family from these unwanted illnesses.
2. They help prevent structural damages
Molds are scientifically recognized as parasites, which means they feed on organic matter. If they’re left to thrive, they can ruin a home or building due to dry rot. And in a worst-case scenario, you might need to condemn the entire structure.
Professional inspectors can find mold colonies that otherwise cannot be found by an untrained individual. Then they will recommend steps to protect your home or building from potential structural damage.
3. They help ensure clean indoor air
Mold inspectors will gather samples of indoor air and will provide you with an estimated spore count. Depending on the results, they’ll recommend help from a professional mold removal specialist to eliminate the fungal build-up. The removal service will significantly reduce high spores concentration in the air, which often results in an itchy throat, eye irritation, allergic reactions, and congested sinuses.
4. They offer long-term anti-mold solutions
Depending on the result of their testing, the mold inspector can recommend long-term solutions that will solve your current mold problems, and ensure your home or building is free from future mold infestations.
5. They help retain your property’s value
Molds are a red flag in real estate, as visible patches reduce the value of a property. Home buyers won’t want to buy any moldy house or building regardless if the patches are big or small. Before you put your property up for sale, make sure it has been tested by a professional inspector and found 100% mold-free.
6. They will help you save money
The cost of mold remediation services varies depending on the severity of the contamination, size, type, etc. Molds can spread fast, which is why the earlier you have your property inspected, the better. This way, the inspectors can recommend the appropriate removal services while the spores haven’t spread far and wide. Mold testing services will offer preventive measures that will keep unnecessary costs away from your bank account.
Mold testing is something that should be left to a professional, because some spores aren’t visible to the naked eye, and you might expose yourself to the dangers they bring if you’re not properly equipped. And if you don’t have any professional experience in mold removal, you can risk spreading the contamination even further. Experts do not recommend it as a DIY activity.
If you need help with your mold problems, contact us. We’re here to make sure you and your family or employees and co-workers are safe from this sickness-causing fungus.