Mold testing and inspection is a significant business. Every year, thousands of inspection organizations send out marketing and promotional materials informing home and business owners that their properties require mold testing, and they should have them regularly inspected for mold problems. However, sharp property owners throughout Manatee and Sarasota counties are eager to ask if it is really required for their property. The higher humidity areas such as Palmetto, Ana Maria Island, Long Boat Key and Siesta Key are especially prone.
Mold: What Is It and How Does It Spread?
Mold and mildew belong to the fungus family of organisms. It is known to develop in regions with high levels of moisture and humidity, such as the kitchen and shower, and it prefers gloomy environments, such as your basement. It may grow anywhere—from your tile and grout flooring and appliances to your furniture and carpets.
Mold infestations always start with microscopic spores floating in the air. Mold spores in small numbers are usually harmless, but they will begin to develop continually after these spores land in a usually damp area, as they have everything they need to exist. Molds will then enter your home through the indoor air, potentially causing a variety of health issues.
What Steps Are the Florida Department of Health Taking to Address Molds?
- Have your plumbing system regularly checked for leaks to prevent moisture from seeping into your walls.
- Maintain your HVAC units with your air duct cleaning contractor to detect mold growth in these systems.
- Reduce the amount of moisture in the air by using dehumidifiers and air conditioning systems, which leaves less room for molds to grow.
- Check your basements and crawl spaces for leaks and mold infestations on a regular basis.
- To remove moisture from your kitchen and bathroom, use exhaust fans that are directed outside rather than into the attic.
- If possible, keep indoor humidity below 60% and monitor it using a hygrometer, which can usually be found at your local hardware shop.
- To avoid mold growth, dry the frequently moist areas within a day or two.
- Have a trustworthy mold removal firm assist you with your issues.
So, Is Mold Testing Required in Bradenton, Florida?
Molds can cause four kinds of health problems: allergic illness, irritant effects, infection, and poisoning. People with severe mold allergies may experience more severe symptoms, like hay fever or shortness of breath.
To answer the question, NO. You’re not required in Bradenton to have a mold inspection or your property tested for molds. But still, if you see signs of mold in your home, it’s better to have it tested and hire mold inspection and remediation right away.
No More Molds with PuroClean of Bradenton
Mold development is frequently visible or detectable in the home. If you see mold growth, You don’t usually need sampling, but you may call PuroClean of Bradenton, your local mold removal and cleanup expert. We service Bradenton and Sarasota counties; we’ve assisted a lot of homeowners with their mold issues, and we’d love to help you as well. So contact us, and our expert specialists will swiftly and effectively resolve your home mold concerns.