Blocked sewer lines can release sewage; a thick, dark substance that forms. Sewage water is a dangerous health hazard and unsanitary; containing contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These harmful contaminants may present risks of serious illness if animals or humans are exposed to them. Quick repair is key if you experience sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly repairing this will prevent the hazardous waste water from lingering in occupied areas. To prevent a hazardous condition happening in your home or business, being aware of what leads to the sewer backups could be beneficial. We’ve created a list of things to aid in preventing and handling home or business sewage backups:
The PuroClean method for cleaning and remediating Category 3 water, which is sewer and polluted water backup cleaning and restoration as set forth by IICRC industry standards, consisting of:
1. Ensuring safety for all personnel and occupants by placing restrictions on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Assessment of the area and Health and Safety checks.
3. Be positive that all restoration employees are equipped with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Put engineering controls in place, as well as critical barriers if needed to stop any cross-contamination from occurring.
5. Removing any type of potential safety risks if at all possible.
6. Clearing the site of all bulk water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Eradication and disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous material that is not restorable – which can consist of but is not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning procedures and use of EPA approved biocides and antimicrobials
9. Full physical cleaning of all structure items that remain
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials touched by water to be dried and returned to pre-loss state
12. Post restoration cleaning of all equipment used
13. Disposal of all demo materials removed from the project
Reach out to the PuroClean specialists for sewage removal, cleaning and remediation. Whether it’s from a stopped up toilet, flood waters or sewage drain backups to manage the problem for your home or business. PuroClean uses the latest, state-of-the-art equipment and cleansing tools to completely and efficiently clean and remediate all affected items and structures.
The sheer expertise of our sewage removal and cleaning services, along with the speed that we deliver the work, as well as our kindness demonstrated throughout the entire project helps make PuroClean your preferred damage remediation and restoration firm. We strive to do everything that’s needed and within our power to fully remediate properties in all the towns and cities that make up our coverage areas.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
[PuroClean] Surpassed all expectations and could not have provided a more professional and comprehensive service.
Immediate response and very professional and [PuroClean] did great work. We were back in our home quickly. I would highly recommend them!
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered it is very important that you consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the potentially hazardous blood, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
“Coronavirus” is an umbrella term for many types of viruses. This group of viruses has been known for decades and can cause respiratory diseases in both people and animals. What [...]
As of March 17, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) does not have information specifically regarding how pregnant women are reacting to COVID-19 exposure. However, it should be noted [...]
Cleaning your home after it has been compromised by someone with the Coronavirus infection is an important followup to keeping yourself and your family members safe. Be sure to thoroughly [...]