PuroClean Emergency Restoration Services takes pride in responding rapidly to water damage issues and emergencies in Metro-East Illinois and St. Louis and surrounding areas. We understand that water damage can be caused by issues ranging from leaky faucets to something more significant, like frozen or burst pipes.
Your home is in good hands with our experienced and trained technicians. Our goal here at PuroClean Emergency Restoration Services is to prevent any further problems and avoid the risk of mold that could affect the structure of your home. Don’t wait to contact us anytime at (618) 206-7055
for water damage restoration in Caseyville.
Trust PuroClean of Metro-East Illinois and St. Louis for your Water Damage Restoration
PuroClean QuickDry System™
Our QuickDry System™ is designed to dry affected structural materials and contents in a timely and effective manner. It includes:
- A thorough assessment and inspection of the structure to determine what’s wet and how wet structural materials and contents are with infrared cameras and moisture meters.
- The removal of standing water.
- The application of specialized drying equipment.
- Daily inspections and monitoring until materials have reached their pre-loss condition and established drying goals.
Our Water Removal Process
PuroClean Emergency Restoration Services‘s certified water damage restoration service professionals are there to ensure that the obvious and hidden water-damaged areas of your property are restored while giving special care to all your belongings.
Mold and Odor Removal
Water losses not handled in a timely manner can lead to additional damage such as microbial growth, cause structural components to lose their integrity, and potentially impact indoor air quality. Microbial growth may also result in compromised health issues developing in occupants.
-certified technicians follow industry best practices to properly conduct a mold removal
that has infected and/or damaged property and return it to its pre-loss condition.
Once a scope of remediation and repair has been established, they will implement engineering controls and containment to prevent cross-contamination to unaffected sections of a building, utilizing negative pressure with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA
) air filtration devices. A remediation protocol is developed to remove contaminants by:
- The removal of compromised materials and contents per industry standards.
- A thorough cleaning using HEPA air filter devices and HEPA vacuums.
- A thorough cleaning of all surfaces with cleaning solutions that can include EPA-registered disinfectants, followed by another HEPA vacuuming of all surfaces.
Many people might use bleach to clean mold. However, this is an ineffective strategy as bleach does not kill the spores; it only bleaches them white. PuroClean’s mission is to restore your property cleanly and safely, using processes that ensure the mold infestation is eliminated entirely.
Odors are an indicator that something could still be wet. If something has a musty, pungent odor, it can indicate microbial issues that can create MVOC’s (microbial volatile organic compounds) and health-related issues. PuroClean’s approach is to follow industry standards to develop the proper scope of repair for your business or home. This includes employing specialized equipment and cleaning practices, followed by a clearance test to ensure your property has reached the desired condition.
We will work closely with you and your insurance provider throughout the water damage restoration process, ensuring that you both know what is transpiring, what to expect, and what you can do. At PuroClean Emergency Restoration Services we strive to be transparent so all parties know what’s happening and can make confident decisions.
Here at PuroClean Emergency Restoration Services, you can always count on us to respond to water damage emergencies with urgency and sensitivity 24/7. We will conduct ourselves professionally and thoughtfully when salvaging your property. We will strive to serve you with as much compassion and as little disruption to your daily life, as we respect and understand that this is a difficult situation.
We will stay in contact with you and your insurance agent throughout the process to keep you updated on our progress. Our certified technicians use advanced cleaning equipment to precisely measure the extent of water damage and completely restore your home by removing visible and invisible water damage.
PuroClean Emergency Flood and Related Water Damage Repair Services in Metro-East Illinois and St. Louis
Water Damage Assessment:
- Our technicians will first conduct a thorough assessment, perform daily inspections and monitoring to develop drying strategies, and take note of what’s wet, how wet is it, if it is drying, and if it has reached its dry standard.
- The assessment helps determine what damaged material may require removal due to structural integrity issues, damage not restorable, or contamination. Our goal is to dry all materials such as drywall, wood, carpet and padding, baseboards, furniture, insulation, furniture, upholstery, and more, providing they are not contaminated, or structurally compromised according to industry standards.
Metro-East Illinois and St. Louis Emergency Water Extraction
We begin by removing any standing water on your premises using specially designed equipment strategically placed to extract all the standing water from the premises.
- PuroClean’s specialized pumping equipment will be used to remove all standing water. Your damaged belongings will be removed to be stored, restored, or discarded.
- Once completed, the equipment will be removed and the water will be discarded elsewhere by PuroClean’s professionals.
Drying and Dehumidification
Areas to be dried and dehumidified are marked, isolated, and prepped to be our focus for drying and dehumidification.
- Your belongings and upholstery are moved to ensure the process can be finished properly.
- A PuroClean technician will assess the marked-off premises and choose locations for the powerful air movers. Areas of the home or business that contain the most moisture and trapped water will be the key focus.
- Following this, the water will be sucked out by the air movers, which are specially designed to increase evaporation in the given space and create airflow so dehumidifiers can be most effective. All of the water pulled out will be disposed of by the PuroClean team in another location.
- PuroClean technicians will return any moved items to their original location once moisture levels return to normal. Our technicians closely monitor humidity levels during this process to ensure proper drying.
Final Cleaning Processes
Odors can form in a carpet that has been water damaged very quickly due to soils and potentially from other issues, such as mildew, and may spread beyond the affected area to your entire home or business. PuroClean’s professional process of cleaning, deodorizing, and spot removal will safely and effectively remove soils and organics that are odor-causing.
- Our technicians will begin with a complete inspection and dry vacuuming of your carpet.
- To properly repair the affected carpet, where needed, your furniture may require repositioning.
- Pre-treatments may be required for heavily soiled areas, spots, or pet odors.
- Post-cleaning treatments can include textile or fiber protection.
PuroClean’s Dos and Don’ts of Water Damage in Metro-East Illinois and St. Louis
Water damage restoration is very important, but the safety of all parties is our first priority. Whether mitigating or restoring water damage, the following tips will help reduce the risk of you suffering a setback due to heavy rain, flood, faulty plumbing, leaking AC, or roof.
What You Should Do:
- Shut Off Main Water Supply: Turn off your home’s water supply. You may also need to call a plumber for repairs.
- Use Caution: Floors may be slippery so be sure to watch your step. Also, watch for any trip and fall hazards as well as for exposed electrical wires.
- Water Removal: Mop as much water as possible. In cool weather, open windows to speed up the drying process, and in hot weather, only if it’s safe to do so, put your air conditioning on.
- Prop Up Upholstery: Remove all loose cushions and prop up upholstered furniture.
- Remove Obstacles: Pick up wet rugs and remove all items that may be sitting on the floor and/or in the main walkway area.
- Dry Storage Containers: Open wet suitcases or storage bins; and, if possible, have them dry in the sunlight.
- Protect Your Valuables: Paintings, artwork, and any other valuables should be moved to a safe, dry place.
- Dry Wet Clothing: Quickly dry all wet clothes. Hang leather goods and furs to dry at room temperature.
- Protect Furniture: Put tinfoil or plastic wrap under furniture legs on wet carpeting. Open (but don’t force) drawers and cabinet doors to dry out interiors.
- Call PuroClean Immediately: Call PuroClean of Metro-East Illinois and St. Louis. Our certified technicians are highly skilled in Metro-East Illinois and St. Louis water damage repair.
What You Should Not Do:
- Do Not Vacuum: You should not use a traditional household vacuum cleaner. Only use a wet vacuum, the type that is specifically made to handle water.
- Do Not Touch Outlets or Plugs: Don’t plug or unplug any electrical appliances or touch anything that is plugged in already.
- Do Not Operate Electrical Appliances: Don’t use TVs, radios, computers, ceiling fans, or any electrical appliances, especially while standing on wet carpets or floors, particularly concrete or tile floors.
- Do Not Turn Up the Heat: Keep interiors as cold as possible, as mold grows with heat and moisture.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the questions typically asked by our PuroClean customers:
What happens if I have a flood late at night and need assistance?
PuroClean Emergency Restoration Services is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and will respond to your call for assistance at any time and on any day. We restore your property as if it were our own and will ensure the damage will be in a better state than it originally was. Call us now at (618) 206-7055
What do I need to do to get a free estimate, or how much does it cost?
Call us now at (618) 206-7055
for a free estimate of our water damage services.
Does homeowners insurance cover flooding or water damage? Do you work with insurance companies to minimize the cost and hassle?
Homeowners insurance provides coverage for sudden and accidental damage (such as water heater ruptures or pipe bursts). However, flood restoration is NOT covered by standard homeowners’ policies, no matter the water source. Also, the water damage that results from a lack of maintenance is not covered by a typical homeowner’s insurance policy.