When sewer pipes become obstructed, the thick, black water that presents as sewage is a health danger, and is tremendously unsanitary as it consists of contaminants such as pathogens, bacteria, and viruses that may pose a risk of extreme sickness illness if exposed to humans or pets. If you have a sewage backup in your basement, or your toilet has backed up, you will need to repair it quickly, or you will end up with sewage all over your floors. Knowing the cause of sewer backups, however, may help you prevent a hazardous occurrence in your basement, home or business. Following is a list of items that may help to prevent and deal with sewage backups:
The PuroClean process for cleaning and restoring Category 3 water, which is sewer and polluted water backup cleaning and restoration identified by IICRC industry regulations, consisting of:
1. Ensuring safety for all personnel and occupants by placing restrictions on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Ensure all cleanup and restoration personnel are supplied with the proper personal protection equipment (PPE). This may include but is not limited to:
4. Use established engineering controls, critical barriers, to stop cross-contamination.
5. Completely getting rid of any potential safety risks if possible.
6. Bulk water, soil, and contaminates removal
7. Disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials which are not able to be saved, which can consist of but are not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures put in place and the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. A clearance test by a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to safeguard that the building is returned to a pre-affected condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by the flooding to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry standards
12. After completion of remediation – Cleaning of all equipment used
13. Transfer and disposal of all demo materials removed from the work areas
Our technicians use state-of-the-art equipment and cleaning procedures to effectively restore and clean the damaged building materials and items from your dwelling or business. If a sewage drain line backup from blockage is your problem, call our professionals for sewage removal and cleaning services.
The professional nature of our sewage removal and cleaning solutions, the speed in which we deliver them, and the kindness we demonstrate throughout the whole process make PuroClean your ideal damage restoration and remediation company. We vow to do whatever it takes to restore and rescue properties in all the areas we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Ed came over to inspect our AC and vents and saw no mold. We were experiencing an odor and we were quite worried. He was able to sanitize our air handler and educate us able mold. He was very [...]
A RATING ANGIE'S LIST
Fantastic! Very helpful and accommodating. Exceeded all expectations.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requests that we all do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus. We can do this by avoiding close contact [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Cleaning your home after it has been compromised by someone with the Coronavirus infection is an important followup to keeping yourself and your family members safe. Be sure to thoroughly [...]
There is currently no evidence that household pets can be infected with or transmit the Coronavirus. However, the CDC recommends having limited contact with household pets and other animals until [...]
If someone in close proximity to you is coughing or sneezing, be sure to maintain at least 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and the person who is coughing [...]