Thanksgiving Toilet Troubles
During the holiday season the bathroom seems to be the high traffic area, second only to the kitchen. A majority of water damage from toilet or drain issues along with clogged sinks. To avoid damage from water in your home follow these tips.
- Have a plunger near the toilet, guests will not want to ask out of embarrassment – save both of you the awkward moment.
- Check your connections to toilet supply lines and sink supply lines.
- Check the flapper (the part that water from the tank and into the bowl when you flush), if the toilet keeps running you’ll want to fix the flapper. Find how to fix the flapper here: https://m.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Flapper-on-a-Toilet
- Make sure you know how to use the shut off valve, this will help to stop leaking if you notice it. Make sure it’s labeled with one of our PuroClean Water Tags!
- Only flush toilet paper down the toilet: items like diapers and sanitary napkins may clog the plumbing. Also, use only septic-safe toilet paper for septic systems. If you have to post a note in the bathroom to let people know, do so.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Call your local PuroClean office is you experience any water emergencies. Contact us at 937-401-9700 or 513-897-8990.