Blocked sewer lines can leak out sewage; a thick, dark liquid that forms. Sewage water is a serious health hazard and unsanitary; containing contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These harmful contaminants may present risks of serious sickness if animals or humans suffer exposure. Timely repair is key if you have sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly repairing this will prevent the hazardous waste water from staying in occupied areas. To stop a hazardous condition occurring in your home or business, knowing what causes the sewer problems could be beneficial. We’ve created a list of things to aid in preventing and dealing with home or business sewage blockages:
Our cleaning and remediation procedures for Category 3 water (which describes sewer and contaminated water backup) according to the standards put in place by the IICRC industry are:
1. Ensuring safety for all personnel and occupants by placing restrictions on site access to remediation personnel only in order to prevent health related occurrences.
2. Inspection of the jobsite along with health and safety reviews.
3. Be thorough that all restoration employees are equipped with the precise personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes but is not limited to:
4. Create engineering controls, firm barriers if suitable to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Eradicating all potential dangers and safety risks if possible.
6. Eradication of bulk water, dirt, and contaminates.
7. Removal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous materials that are not salvageable, which can include but are not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. A third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to perform clearance testing, to ensure the building is returned to a pre-loss condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by excess waters are to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry condition
12. Post restoration cleaning of all tools and machinery used
13. All demo materials removed from the building
Contact the PuroClean professionals for sewage removal, cleaning and remediation. Whether it’s from a stopped up toilet, flood waters or sewage drain backups to manage the problem for your dwelling. PuroClean uses the latest, state-of-the-art equipment and cleansing tools to completely and effectively clean and restore all affected objects and structures.
PuroClean has proved time after time that our methods and our technicians are top quality, efficient, and work with care and compassion for all involved. PuroClean is your ideal damage restoration and cleaning group and we pledge to do whatever needs to be done to save and restore all homes and businesses in the communities we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices provide sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the blood that is potentially hazardous, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Most homeowners insurance will cover crime scene (biohazard) cleanup. We recommend that you consult your insurance agent/carrier to find out if you can make a claim for your particular circumstance. [...]