Fouled sewer lines can leak out sewage; a thick, dark substance that forms. Sewage water is a serious health hazard and unsanitary; which contains contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These dangerous contaminants may present risks of serious sickness if animals or humans suffer exposure. Timely repair is key if you experience sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly taking care of this will prevent the dangerous waste water from staying in occupied areas. To stop a hazardous condition happening in your home or business, knowing what leads to the sewer incidents could be extremely helpful. We’ve put together a list of items to aid in preventing and handling home or business sewage backups:
Our process for cleaning and restoration of Category 3 water, also known as sewer and contaminated water backup clean up following the IICRC industry standards, is as follows:
1. To protect the safety of all occupants and workers by restricting jobsite access to restoration and cleaning personnel only to help stop any health related occurrences.
2. Health and Safety survey and assessment of the entire work premises.
3. Ensure all PuroClean employees are supplied with and use the correct personal protection equipment (PPE). This includes, but isn’t limited to the following:
4. Engineering controls utilized and condemnatory barriers used (if needed) guarding against cross-contamination.
5. Removing any type of probable safety risks if at all possible.
6. Clearing the jobsite of all bulk water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Getting rid of any and all porous and semi-porous contaminated articles that are unable to be restored, which includes but is not limited to:
8. Implement cleaning procedures and utilization of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Actual cleaning of all remaining structures
10. A clearance inspection by a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to ensure the building is returned to a pre-affected condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by excess waters are to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry condition
12. Post restoration cleaning of all tools and machinery used
13. All materials from demolition work removed completely
Call the PuroClean professionals for sewage abatement, cleaning and remediation. Whether it’s from a stopped up toilet, flood waters or sewer pipe backups to manage the problem for your dwelling. PuroClean uses the latest, state-of-the-art equipment and cleansing tools to completely and efficiently clean and salvage all affected objects and structures.
PuroClean has proved time after time that our methods and our technicians are top quality, efficient, and work with care and empathy for all involved. PuroClean is your ideal damage restoration and cleaning firm and we pledge to do whatever needs to happen to rescue and restore all properties in the communities we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Biohazards are any biological contaminants such as those found in sewage, mold, or any viral or bacterial contamination such as MRSA. Biohazards also include toxins found in decaying organisms, as well as [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
Bloodborne pathogens (BBPs), as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), means pathogenic microorganisms that are present in human blood and can cause disease in humans. These pathogens [...]
Blood itself is not a biohazard, it’s what may be in the potentially hazardous blood, such as bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or infectious microorganisms, that can cause diseases. [...]
Insurance policies have many variables, while Crime Scene or Biohazard cleanup is often covered, you must consult your insurance broker or agent to determine your specific coverages. [...]