Fouled sewer lines can excrete sewage; a thick, dark water that forms. Sewage water is a serious health hazard and unsanitary; which contains contaminants like pathogens, viruses and bacteria. These dangerous contaminants may present risks of serious sickness if animals or humans suffer exposure. Timely repair is key if you have sewage backup anywhere in your home or business . Quickly taking care of this will prevent the hazardous waste water from lingering in occupied areas. To prevent a hazardous condition happening in your home or business, being aware of what causes the sewer incidents could be extremely helpful. We’ve created a list of things to aid in preventing and handling home or business sewage blockages:
Our methods for Category 3 water (also known as sewer and contaminated water backup) cleanup, adhering to the IICRC industry standards, consists of:
1. Ensure all personnel and occupants remain safe by restricting access to the site to remediation employees only in order to guard against any health-related issues.
2. Health & safety survey and complete building assessment.
3. Ensure proper personal protection equipment (PPE) is being utilized by all restoration personnel. This may include but is not limited to:
4. Create engineering controls, firm barriers if required to prevent cross-contamination.
5. Completely getting rid of any potential safety risks if possible.
6. Clearing the jobsite of all bulk water, soil, and contaminates.
7. Eradication and disposal of all contaminated porous and semi-porous material that is not restorable – which can include but is not limited to:
8. Cleaning procedures implemented, as well as the use of EPA registered biocides and antimicrobials
9. Physical cleaning of all remaining structure items
10. A clearance inspection by a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is recommended to safeguard that the building is returned to a pre-affected condition for health and safety.
11. All materials affected by excess waters are to be dried and returned to pre-loss dry condition
12. After completion of remediation – Cleaning of all equipment used
13. Disposal of all demo materials removed from the building
When a sewage drain line backup takes place in your home or business, reach out to the PuroClean specialists for sewage removal and cleaning services. Our specialists use state-of-the-art tools, methods and cleaning systems to fully remediate the damaged structures and contents.
The professional nature of PuroClean’s sewage removal and cleaning solutions, the expeditious way in which we deliver them, and the care we demonstrate throughout the entire process make PuroClean your ideal damage restoration and remediation company. We vow to do whatever it takes to restore and rescue properties in all the areas we serve.
*Not all PuroClean offices offer sewage cleanup and sanitation cleaning services.
Karen has been cleaning our facility since April 5th. I can’t say enough about the quality of their work. I would highly recommend them.
Great customer service, helped us ease our minds when going through an unexpected water leak.
As of March 17, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) does not have information specifically regarding how pregnant women are reacting to COVID-19 exposure. However, it should be noted [...]
As with any virus, the Coronavirus spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes, and any respiratory droplets come in contact with another person. Keeping a good distance from infected [...]
When a biohazard occurs, professionals are needed to clean and disinfect as improper treatment can spread contamination and lead to illness or life-threatening conditions. [...]
If someone in close proximity to you is coughing or sneezing, be sure to maintain at least 6 feet (2 meters) distance between yourself and the person who is coughing [...]
Cleaning your home after it has been compromised by someone with the Coronavirus infection is an important followup to keeping yourself and your family members safe. Be sure to thoroughly [...]